Sunday, January 30, 2011

Just for Fun


Just for fun, I just took a crash course in watercolor painting at the Visual Arts Center of Richmond.  I’m not really a painter but I thought it would be fun to give it a try and the class was a real steal with a Groupon deal (maybe I’m a poet). 
During the 6 hour class our instructor, Cathrine Southall, did a great job of teaching us some basic techniques including washes (wet on wet) and glazing (wet on dry).  We completed several color samplings, painted a real apple and even worked on a composition from a chosen photo.  I was pleased with the outcome overall.  It was quite a fun class.  If I didn’t already have my hand in several other arts/crafts, I’d probably be tempted to take another class and continue developing my skills.  However, I figure there will be time for that once the kids have moved out and I’m looking for things to do.  Someday. . .
Anyway, I’m in love with the VACR – love that place and wish I could afford to take more classes there.  I was really tempted by the most recent Groupon deal but let it sneak past – too bad.  The kids are also taking classes there – animation – and loving it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment